Monday, February 27, 2012

Valentine's Day

We had a lot of fun celebrating Valentine's Day this year. Makenna is at an age where she gets SO excited to celebrate any holiday, and Valentine's Day was no exception. We started the day with red and white heart pancakes for breakfast, and then got ready for Makenna's preschool class.



For preschool, Makenna and I copied an Indiana friend from last year (thanks Sara!) and made these cute sucker valentines.

I also got to be a mommy helper for her Valentine's Day party at preschool. We played 3 different games: Valentine's bingo, bean bag toss, and balloon relay. We finished by eating heart-shaped Valentine's cookies that I made. The kids had already handed out their valentine's at the beginning of the day, and each got to take home a bag full of goodies. On the drive home Makenna couldn't stop talking about how nice it was that everyone had brought valentine's for each other.


Later that afternoon I was surprised by a delivery of a beautiful basket of flowers that John had sent. I loved the arrangement, and loved that they were different from the more traditional red roses (John knows me well). He also left me a homemade card on the dresser before he went to work that was very sweet.

John brought home a red rose and homemade card for Makenna, and also a little car for Hudson so he wouldn't feel left out. He even bought two little boxes of chocolates for Hudson to give to me and Makenna. He then made us all a nice Valentine's dinner!! This was a real treat for us, since John doesn't cook very often.

For John's Valentine's Day gift, I had been leaving him little surprises in his work bag/car/lunches/etc. during the 2 weeks leading up to Valentine's Day. I enjoyed starting the holiday a little early, and I think John enjoyed discovering what treat he would get each day.



What's not to love about a holiday that is all about showing love to the special people in your life?!

No comments: