Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Indecisive

While John and I were dating, he wrote a journal entry in which he called me a
"decision-dysfunctional 19 year old".
(I think it was in reference to my breaking up with him, only to realize that I liked him more.)
I would like to think that I have come a long way in the past 6 years, (I have) but I still have a hard time with some decisions.
My current struggle is in regards to a double stroller. (Not exactly a life-changing decision, which I think makes it that much harder.) I keep going back and forth between getting a double jogging stroller, to use this spring/summer knowing that I'll be outside a lot and taking walks to the park, and getting a regular side-by-side or tandem stroller that would be better for travelling, or using indoors. Ideally it would be nice to have one of each, but money is definitely an issue. I don't really have a specific budget, but just want to spend as little as possible, and still get a stroller that I love.
So, all of you mommies of multiples, what type of double stroller do you have, or wish you had? I'll take any and all suggestions! If I spend one more afternoon looking at strollers online, I think I'm going to go crazy.

12 comments:

Marin said...

Wow Amber you sound JUST like ME!!! I am the WORST at making decisions but I think I am getting better!! I had to break up with Justin about TWO times before I finally said I will marry you!!! hee hee!!

As for strollers. Well I made Justin by me the In-step Safari double jogging stroller with a swivel wheel and let me tell you it is wonderful. I really like it. It is so easy to push and also folds up pretty nicely. I am also going to try to get the maclaren double side by side stroller if I can find it on Craigs list since my friend loves hers and I really like my single one. But then my sister has the Graco duo glide and she really likes that. I just like jogging strollers since they are easier to push and I am outside a lot!! Good luck though!!

oh and my other sister has a double jogger with NO swivel wheel and she really thinks it is a pain since a double jogger is much heavier than a single! Hope this helps.

Cam and Josie said...

We just went through this struggle! We decided to go with the Joovy Caboose Ultralight. It is a sit n' stand type, super lightweight and easy to manuever. I love it! Although a jogging stroller would be nice for rougher roads, trails, etc.. But I am not so much a fan of the side by side strollers since you can't always fit through doorways--good luck with the decision!

Eric and Jessi said...

We have (and love) the Graco duo glide. It's easy to push, folds up to fit in the truck and not too bad to carry up the stairs (since we live in an apt. building). The down side which is really just an annoyance is that the basket underneath was design funky and it gets in the way when folding it up sometimes. We were lucky to find a cute pattern on this site, Albee Baby for only $89 and free shipping, but I just looked and they have gone up in price but $127 isn't too bad http://www.albeebaby.com/graco-duoglider-stroller-6l02tan3.html Wherever you buy try a google search for the store and coupon, like "Albee baby coupon code" and you can usually find a discount (maybe you already know this).

Eric and Jessi said...

I was going to say the joggers are nice, but so bulky (we have a jogger too actually) that I use the Graco WAY more. Like for shopping, the mall, zoos, museums things like that. The jogger is just too big to lug and to push around those places.

Goodman Family said...

We have had both: side by side and front to back and I have to say I HATE MY SIDE BY SIDE! I can't get anywhere. Most of the times you use a stroller would be in public places and I have found I can't get through doorways(even wheelchair accessable), around crowds, down shopping isles or anywhere tight. I can't wait to get another front to back, so that would be my recommendation. Front to back!

Annalisa said...

My husband would say I have a problem and need help with my stroller addiction. I have 6 in my garage. No gracos. My first double is the double Mclaren. I love it!! Not good for jogging or even vigorous walking. My other double is a double or single. The Phil and Teds I love both. McClaren, more practical, folds small for you trunk, great for travel, shopping city life airports etc. The phil and teds doesn't fold easy, but great for walks, slow runs, city life except it's not small to fold. It's bulky in the trunk. I love both. I'm not an American stroller fan. They are heavy and bulky. I'm not a front to back fan. My McClaren fits trough door ways and holds tons of shopping bags. I've logged a lot of states, airports and miles with this thing. Look on ebay too. They sell for good deals - new.

Joe said...

Money an issue? Isn't John guaranteed six figures for the rest of his life?

Stephanie said...

I have five strollers. Which do I use most? Graco duo glide. I hate the jogging stroller. (You can borrow mine when you are here, I'm totally serious). However mine isn't swivel wheel. If you decide on a double jogging stoller, you must fork out the money for the swivel wheel or I'll never talk to you again.

I prefer front and back, so my kids can't touch each other.

But really just tell John that it is necessary to have six strollers, because it really is. Just like it is necessary to have 40 pairs of shoes (and I know you know what I am talking about. It really is necessary). Different shoes for different outfits. Different strollers for different outings.

Jenner said...

good luck with your decision!

Bec and Ryan said...

I was just thinking about the same dilema, but I din't want to start looking online because I am super indecisive and I know that I would spend way too much time on the subject and it would drive me crazy...so thank you for asking for the advice. If it helps at all, I have a Maclaren single and I LOVE it...no clue about a double, but most moms that have a maclaren really love them. But I really want a double jogger so I can go running with both kids. I guess we will just have to see where we will end up with school to see if we are living the big city or small town life. Good luck in your decision. I will be anxiously awaiting to hear what you get :)

Bec and Ryan said...

fyi-chicco is coming out with a front to back stroller in the spring...I'm going to get that one if it has good reviews since my chicco carseat can fit in it. It looks really similar to the graco duo glide. But I am not sure what kind of car seat you have :)
(last summer, Ryan and I purchased a double schwinn trailer that can hook onto our bikes and it also can turn into a jogger, but Rulan wasn't comfy in there until he was about 8 months. But if you guys want to do some biking, that might be an option because then you can have a jogger that is multifunctional...just a thought(you can usually find used trailers on craigslist, etc)

Nicole M said...

I'm glad you made a post about this because I'm having the SAME issues trying to decide what kind of double stroller to get. I'm going to read through these suggestions as well :) Let me know which one you end up getting!