Monday, March 22, 2010

Toddler's rules of Engagement

While I was in Omaha, there was an article in the paper that listed the
"Toddler's rules of Engagement"
I had never seen them before, and thought they were pretty funny. If you haven't had a 2 year old yet, you might not recognize these rules, but you soon will!

Toddler's rules of Engagement

1. If I like it, it's mine.
2. If it's in my hand, it's mine.
3. If I can take it from you, it's mine.
4. If I had it a little while ago, it's mine.
5. If it's mine, it must NEVER appear to be yours in any way.
6. If I'm doing or building something, all the pieces are mine.
7. If it looks just like mine, it is mine.
8. If I saw it first, it's mine.
9. If you are playing with something and you put it down, it automatically becomes mine.
10. If it's broken, it's yours.

5 comments:

Cam and Josie said...

SOOO true! Love it!

Gabriella said...

Amen. As I was reading that Kate took a toy from Gabriella and said "Hey, that's mine."

Angie O said...

Hahaha! That sounds about right.

Stephanie said...

I love number 10. If it is broken it is yours. Poor younger children always get the broken or boring toys.

It was really fun to see you at Stake Conference. We'll have to get together when you move back for the summer. I didn't get to see Hudson.

Bec and Ryan said...

hmmm...that is starting to sound familiar :) When do you get to move to Nebraska?