Friday, February 19, 2010

You won't approve

That's what John told me when I asked him what he got Makenna for Valentine's Day.
I won't approve?
What could he have bought her...
a flower?
a box of chocolate?
Well he refused to spill the beans until it was too late, and Makenna had her arms around her new Valentine's present.


And...he was right.
The stuffed dog he bought her is bigger than she is. Of course she loves it, but where am I suppose to put it?
That afternoon, John let Makenna take her Valentine's Doggie with her to bed for her nap. (Something that I would not have done.)
The next day when I was putting Makenna down for her nap, she asked if she could have her "Big Doggie". I told her no, that he was too big for her bed and that she would have to wait until she woke up to play with him.

Makenna smiled at me and said,

"Daddy home, Big Doggie night night Makenna, okay?"

A quick learner that one.

9 comments:

Cece said...

Whew! At least it wasn't a REAL pooch!

Joy said...

First of all, that's hilarious that she is already understanding that daddy will let her do what she wants. Secondly, I feel your pain. We have a moose of similar size (a very practically newborn gift (right?) for R from some friends)and Mike will not let me toss it. It mocks me every day.

Lizi Bates said...

Haha I love it!

Annalisa said...

So funny! When we lived in MA my neighbor bought Sophie a giant bunny! It felt bigger than our house and Sophie. I still find it in her bed on occasion. I think it may disappear for good one of these days.

Gabriella said...

That's funny, I'm with you, I would not have been too happy if Matt had brought that thing home. At least she likes it, that makes it worth the space it takes up, right?

Stephanie said...

That is so cute that John gets her a Valentine present. Jeff didn't even get one for me. Just wait til that dog becomes her favorite and you have to drag it everywhere with you, like the grocery store and to church :) John would let her I bet.

Don't you hate that Daddys break all the rules? Drives me crazy.

Anna said...

Haha that's hilarious! Everytime Emma sees one of those at Kroger she always wants one. They are a lot of fun but man are they huge!

The Howards said...

Too funny! You've always had one smart girl...its scary that she's now figuring out how to use it to her advantage! Good luck with doggie!

Dan Pawlowski said...

John you big push over! Where is the iron fist? The discipline inherent with the patriarchal role!