
Hudson has been such a GOOD baby. While we were in Omaha, I started calling him my "Angel Baby" because he really is such an angel. He is usually only fussy when he is either tired or hungry, and other than that, he seems to have such a calm, sweet disposition. Makenna has a LOT of energy, so it is nice that Hudson is so calm, he even tolerates Makenna's constant love and attention (which isn't always the most gentle) incredibly well.
Hudson has also been a great sleeper in most ways. He has been great in that he can put himself to sleep (with the aid of his binki) and doesn't need me to hold or rock him to sleep. I do sometimes just because I want to, but I often will just lay him down when he starts acting tired, and he will go to sleep on his own. He also has done really well with his days and nights. He has never been wide awake for any extended amount of time during the middle of the night, but instead just wakes up to eat, and then goes right back to sleep.
This brings me to the one area of sleep that we are still working on...the waking up to eat part. For the most part, Hudson still wakes up every 3 hours to eat at night. He will sometimes give me a 4 hour stretch, and a few times has done a 5 or 6 hour stretch, but usually he is up every 3 hours. I know he is little still, so I am not expecting him to sleep 12 hours every night, but it would be nice to have a 5 or 6 hour stretch on a more regular basis.
My friend just loaned me the miracle blanket tonight, which she said helped her baby sleep longer at night, and although I felt like I was putting him in a straight jacket, I used it when I put him to bed tonight, so we'll see how that goes.


7 comments:
I love these new pictures of Hudson. He has grown so much since I was there! Can't wait to see him smile in person next month!
Seriously, 2 months have passed already?! Geeze. He is a cutie. I love the stare of the first pic on the post. Glad you got a calm one! I waited til #3 for the calm baby and it was amazing! Do you try topping him off right before bed and wrapping him tightly? Another thing tha worked wonders for Peyton was a basic (nothing fancy) wedge for her to sleep on. Keeping her head a tiny bit elevated seemed like magic. GOOD LUCK LIL MOMMA!
P.S.-Rico and Mark are going to Indianna this week (the 12th-14th) so they'll be in your area! Love ya.
He is such a little cutie! Glad to hear that he's been such an "angel baby" so far. :) Sounds like so much fun!
I love baby number two. I think it is a blessing from heaven that baby number two is more calm. Maybe Heavenly Father knows that if both children were engergetic we would all stop at two.
He is so sweet. He really is an angel, I will never forget what a good baby he is...especially compared to my little one. I hope I get to see him again before he's walking around. Maybe my next one will be the calm, fall asleep anywhere baby.
he is soooo dang CUTE!!!! Well i am glad that he is an angel!! I hope the twins start to sleep better also. They are just sooo hungry all the time!!
Congrats on the new little guy. He's a cute one. If you guys are ever in Utah--we'd love for you to come say hi to myself and Viddy. Hope all is well.
Post a Comment