Friday, January 1, 2010

Christmas in Omaha

This year we spent Christmas in Omaha with my side of the family. We had a great time, and are so glad that we were able to make the trip. Our visit was filled with family, food, shopping, wrapping presents, movies, opening presents, parties, lots and lots of snow, more food, a little basketball, crafts, game nights, and 3 new babies. I didn't do a very good job taking pictures (I guess I was too busy having fun), but here are just a few.

My parents have tall ceilings in their house, which made for a very large beautiful tree.

(Notice Kate going after the presents. Makenna and Kate had a lot of fun moving the presents all over the house.)


We got a HUGE snow storm on Christmas Eve, had some "fun" adventures with cars being stuck in snow drifts, and were completely snowed in on Christmas day. Here is a picture of the frozen lake and big drifts out my parents back windows.


Christmas morning was pretty low key with just our little family at my parent's house. My sister and her family flew in after Chrismas. So Makena was really the only one to open up her Santa presents on Christmas morning. We did our big Christmas party with everyone in the family a few days later.


Makenna and Grandpa playing with her fishing puzzle.
Hudson and Grandma on Christmas morning.


My sister's family flew into town on Saturday night after having their Friday flights cancelled due to the weather. Makenna was pretty excited to wake up Sunday morning to find Kate there.

My parents had 3 new grandbabies added to the family this fall. My sister had a baby girl at the end of September, my sister-in-law had a baby boy in the middle of October, and I had Hudson at the beginning of November. Hudson (on the left) is the youngest, but also the biggest!!

Here is our 4 generation family photo, with my Grandma and Grandpa Bailey, Dad, siblings, and babies.
I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year!

6 comments:

Cece said...

Love that picture of your mom with her hands full of grandbabies! Sounds like a beautiful white Christmas.

Sara said...

Cute!

melbel said...

Awe, it would have been fun to see you guys in Omaha. And I heard about the snow! Crazy!

Stephanie said...

Wasn't that snow ridiculous. It happened again yesterday. I am so tired of being snowed in. How are you holding up with the second semester of school for John? It was so sad for us to see Jeff have to go back to school. Hope all is well.

Jenner said...

hudson is sure cute. he has changed a lot since the baby photoshoot. we got some more snow this last week while we were in lincoln. i couldn't believe all the snow everywhere!

Angie O said...

Look at all those babies! Too cute. I bet Christmas will be crazy next year!!!