

Makenna is still a sweet little girl, she's just not my baby anymore. I think I'm going to be one of "those" parents who cry at every big milestone. I really do just wish she would stay little for awhile longer. I know what you're thinking; "She's only 2...calm down," and you're probably right, but I can't help it.
While we were in Omaha for Christmas, my dad compared Makenna's personality to that of a dog. I know that probably sounds weird, but in a lot of ways it is true. Makenna is VERY social, and loves to be where the action is. (Is my child the only one who BEGS to go to nursery?) She is sometimes shy when she meets new people, but warms up within a few minutes. She is full of energy, and doesn't often sit still for long. She loves all kinds of physical activity: running, jumping, spinning, dancing, anything.Makenna is also a very polite child (most of the time). She is good with her pleases and thank yous, but my favorite things to hear her say are, "Blesses Baby Hudson" whenever she hear him sneeze, or "Excuse you (insert name)" whenever she hears someone burp.
Lately Makenna has been saying some funny things too. Yesterday after finding an open can of pop in the fridge, and helping herself, she said, "MMMMM pop juice! Yummy in my Tummy!"
On Sunday she climbed onto the couch with me and John, and pointed to my cheek, and said, "Look Momma, chocolate on your face!" Confused, I asked John if there was chocolate on my face, and he said that Makenna was pointing to one of my freckles.
I pretty much just love my little girl, and want her to stay little forever...is that too much to ask?
4 comments:
Wow, I'm with you, Amber. I still can't believe my guys are grown up and wish I could do it all over again. I loved being a mommy-still do of course- but it's those cherished moments of them growing up that are treasured in a mother's heart forever.
I love the chocolate on your face comment! :)
Cute stories. And we have that same outfit in picture number two. Lauren calls pop "lemon" I think it is because sprite has a lemon on it. Pop Juice...I love it.
Aw, how happy it is to be a mommy! :)
Its not too much to ask! I am sad to tell you the first 8 years go as quickly as the first 2 so I'm preparing myself for when my first baby will graduate from highschool...she's practically half way there! Lets not even talk about how she could be driving in 8 years. You have such a cute family. Can't wait to hear where you will move next (; Don't feel too bad. Rico and I moved 8 times in the first 4 years of marriage but now we're at 9 in 8 years so thank goodness its slowed down a bit (= {hugs!}
Post a Comment