I used to think that the time Makenna spent in her crib was spent sleeping, but I am now learning that this is not always the case. There have been numerous times since we moved here that I will hear Makenna just talking long after I put her down for bed. It has made me wonder how long and how often she just plays in her crib before she goes to sleep.
Last night, I put Makenna down at 9:00, and she was quiet until about 10:00 when I heard her start to cry. I thought maybe she was just waking up a little bit and would go back to sleep, but after a few more minutes of crying, I decided to go in and check on her. What I found was surprising, and pretty funny. She was standing there in her diaper, with her pajamas on the other side of the crib! As soon as I walked in the room, she started jumping up and down, so I am pretty sure that she hadn't gone to sleep at all yet, but had just been playing for the last hour. I was too surprised and amused to be upset with her, but instead just got her dressed, and rocked and sang to her for a few minutes before putting her back down. I just hope she is potty trained before she learns to take off her diapers...I have heard horror stories about that!
2 comments:
That's pretty funny. Hopefully that stays just a nap time trick and not a trick she does other places. I sometimes wonder after I put Kate down for a nap and later go check on her only to find all her toys and books in her bed with her while she's asleep. I guess as long as they are safe and happy. Good luck with the potty training!
Oh the days ahead I have to look forward too. I'm dreading the day when we have to move to a toddler bed, fearing he will just play instead of sleep! Hope it gets better for you!
Post a Comment