Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Keeping Busy

Makenna and I have been trying to keep ourselves busy so that we don't go too crazy while John is at school or home locked in his office studying. We try to go do at least one fun thing a day. Today it was story time at a local community center, yesterday was a playgroup at a park, and on Monday (even though it was Labor day John had school, and was gone all day) we joined some other moms and kids from our neighborhood at a another park. This park happens to be right next to a little creek that is perfect for throwing rocks.





Taking a little break. We played at the playground for about 2 hours, and then at the creek for another 45 mins. We were both pretty tired and hungry by the time we made it home.


And no, I did not put pearls on my daughter knowing we were going to a playground and creek. I had left them out on her dresser after church on Sunday, and as soon as I got her out of her crib Monday morning, she put them on, and wouldn't take them off.


John has been really busy with school, but so far hasn't been too stressed about all of his work, for which I am grateful. I've heard from several second year partners that things really start to get busy in October and November, right when the baby is due, so I'm really looking forward to that!!

2 comments:

Angie O said...

I love the pearls thing! So funny!

The Howards said...

I'm glad you're finding fun things to do! she is looking so grown up (especially with her darling pearls)!