Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Out with the Old, and In with the New

John and I decided that after 3 1/2 years of sleeping on a full-sized bed, it was time to upgrade our bedroom furniture. Ever since we have been married, we have had my old bedroom set, which was originally my GREAT-Grandma and Grandpa's! It has been a good set for us, and was still in really good shape, but it wasn't really our style, and we just had to get a bigger bed. With permission, we sold it on Craigs list, and went shopping.

We decided that if we were going to get a new bed, we might as well get our dream bed, so we bought a king-sized sleigh bed. Did we need a king-sized bed? Probably not, but we decided to get one anyway. It took us 3 1/2 hours to pick out the furniture and the mattress, but now that we have them, we absolutely love them. John and I were pretty much in heaven when we slept on our bed for the first time. Our new mattress is amazing! Picking out the bedding was another whole issue. I made way too many trips to Pottery Barn, and brought home 3 different duvet covers before we finally agreed on one. But we are both very happy with the way that it looks now, and are sleeping great, especially since we finally have taught Makenna to sleep through the night! It is amazing what a difference sleep can make!

The old set:



The new set:

9 comments:

Mana said...

WOOHOOOOO!!!!!.......Very Nice.....We have been chomping at the Bit to buy a new bed too. We currently sleep on two beds pushed together :) As soon as we find a house, we will look to upgrade too :).....and we will most definitely be looking for a KING!

Marin said...

Ooooo I love it!!! Yeah Justin and I need a bed set...our bed is still on the floor :( hee hee. Sooo sad, but ohh well.

Gabriella said...

Oooo la la, I absolutely love it! Do you want to come help me pick out a new bedroom set and bedding? The red looks great with the wood color of the furniture. I also love the throw pillows, great job!

Jen Giorgis said...

Hey woman....I had no idea you had a blog, so fun! How did you find mine? Yes I did buy bedding. I found it at TJMaxx and Marshalls and got it for a steal. I always love a good deal. I also really love it!!! I'lll try to do a post on it soon so you can see it. I guess you could just come over....we do live fairly close ;) It will be fun to keep track through blogging.

Cam and Josie said...

So pretty! I love it!

Garrison Propaganda said...

so i found you through your facebook page. ill have to send you an invite to our blog. your daughter is beautiful. she seems so sweet and is at such a fun age. your new bedroom set is gorgeous. nothings sexier than dark wood and red!

Shelley said...

Wow, nice set! Its beautiful!!! So jealous!

Ashley said...

It's gorgeous! I'm super, super jealous!

hilary w said...

Wow...your new bed is awesome! You have great taste!