Exactly one week after returning home from Utah, Makenna and I were back on a plane, this time headed for Las Vegas (and joined by John). We had been planning this trip for awhile, but I was a little nervous about it, since both Makenna and I had come down with colds since our Utah trip, and we had heard that it was going to be ridiculously hot in Vegas, but off we went!
We stayed at THEHotel at Mandalay Bay, which is right on the strip. It was definitely one of the ritziest hotels I've ever stayed in. We decided that going to Las Vegas by ourselves with Makenna wouldn't be the best idea ever, so we planned our trip with John's parents, and they had an adjoining suite to ours.
During the week, we enjoyed swimming at our hotel (there were 2 regular pools, a lazy river, a wave pool, and a large kiddie pool),
We stayed at THEHotel at Mandalay Bay, which is right on the strip. It was definitely one of the ritziest hotels I've ever stayed in. We decided that going to Las Vegas by ourselves with Makenna wouldn't be the best idea ever, so we planned our trip with John's parents, and they had an adjoining suite to ours.
During the week, we enjoyed swimming at our hotel (there were 2 regular pools, a lazy river, a wave pool, and a large kiddie pool),

eating at lots of yummy buffets, and hanging out with John's parents.
The highlight of the trip however was the shows. On Tuesday night we all went and saw Mystere by Cirque Du Soleil. Makenna starting crying during the pre-show entertainment, and I thought oh no, this could be a disaster, but she actually did really well during the show, and alternated between watching and being excited, and trying to bury her head in my chest to go to sleep (it was WAY past her bedtime).
Here we are at Mystere before the show

On Thursday night, John and I left Makenna with his parents and we went and saw Phantom: the Las Vegas Spectacular. It was AMAZING!! We absolutly loved it, and of course had to buy the cd, which we have been listening to since we got home.

The trip was not without challenges, like when Makenna was awake from 12-3am the first night, or when I got really sick Wednesday night, but overall it was a really great trip, and we are glad that we went.
Thanks Mom and Da for coming to Vegas with us and helping with Makenna. It was great to share our week with you!

3 comments:
What a fun getaway! I'm jealous about the shows--I would love to se Cirque du Soleil! I think we'd have to check out Blue Man Group too : ) I'm glad to see you didn't melt in the heat : )
Amber, your little one is getting so big! I've seen that Cirque show and it is so amazing! I'm glad you had fun.
Oh, going back a little ways, I received back the folk DVD that I sent you. Odd that it took so long to try and get to you and then never did and came back to me. Do you still want it?
I'm so jealous you got to see Cirque du soleil. I've been wanting to see that!
Post a Comment