Friday, March 28, 2008

First Easter

Makenna's first Easter was spent at her Grandma and Grandpa Bailey's house with her aunts, uncles, and cousins. It was pretty chaotic with all of the kids running around, but Makenna didn't seem to mind. In fact, she was so mesmerized by everything, that she forgot about eating or sleeping while we were there.

Makenna and her Uncle "MO"


Makenna and her cousins Hannah and Olivia

Makenna and Mommy

Makenna's Easter EggsSo, a funny story about Makenna's easter eggs:

All of the Dads were responsible for hiding eggs in the basement for their kids while the moms and kids waited upstairs. Each child had a different color egg to find. Makenna's eggs were light pink, so I asked John to point one out to me so I wouldn't confuse her eggs with the dark pink eggs which were assigned to a different child. John pointed to a PILE of pink eggs on the pool table. When I asked him why he didn't hide her eggs he told me that it would've been pointless since she was only 4 months old. Of course I realized this, but I had hoped to experience some of the easter egg hunting joy of my childhood. Aren't you suppose to live through your children?? I guess I'll just have to wait until next year!

4 comments:

Gabriella said...

She looks so cute in her dress, I can't believe how big she is getting, I want to hold her. That is really funny about the easter eggs, at least you tried to have an easter egg hunt. Poor Kate missed out on that.

Joe said...

Most Pawlowskis are solving complex riddles by 4 months. An Easter egg hunt should have proven easy for your prodigy child.

Cece said...

She's even cuter in PERSON!

Cam and Josie said...

I'm glad to hear you had a fun Easter! Makenna is such a cutie! I love her little dress! It is so much fun to get the little ones all dolled up! Hey Amber, remember the enchiladas you made for Cam and I? Could you email me the recipe? I would LOVE it! My email is jlgentry@hotmail.com