Thursday, March 21, 2013

Arizona - Birthday Surprise

My sister Amanda turned 30 this month. Since turning 30 is kinda a big deal, I thought it would be really fun to go to Arizona and surprise her for her birthday! My parents were already in Arizona visiting, so Clara and I flew down to Phoenix on Friday the 15th. I was a little nervous about how Clara would do on the flight, but she was so great!
 
My aunt and uncle who live in Phoenix picked Clara and me up from the airport. The plan was for my parents to take Amanda out for an early birthday dinner (her actual birthday wasn't till Monday) with my aunt and uncle before they flew home to Omaha on Saturday. So after picking me up from the airport, we drove straight to the restaurant to meet my parents, Matt and Amanda, and brother Morgan (who lives in AZ too). My aunt and uncle went into the restaurant
 first, and I waited in the car for about 10 minutes before going in and just walking up to the table.
 
Amanda was SO surprised to see me!! It was awesome!! I had been worried that somehow the surprise would get ruined, since everyone else was in on it, but it totally worked out! She was really happy that I had come to visit, and would be staying for the weekend!
 
Amanda and me at the restaurant
 
 
Clara and aunt LaRae

No comments: