Spending the 4th of July at my parent's house on the lake is becoming a tradition for us, and one that I am happy we will be able to continue every year now that we live in Omaha. Usually my parents throw a big party with all of the extended family, but having just flown back into Omaha on Sunday night from my cousin's wedding in CA, they decided to have a smaller party, which meant only 26 more immediate family members, instead of the usual 70+ extended family members and friends.

The weather was beautiful, and we spent much of the afternoon and evening just playing in the water. Makenna went on her first water tube ride (unfortunately no pictures) and loved it! She was a little nervous to try it, but John and I went with her, and she thought it so much fun. Both of the kids love playing in the water with their cousins. They also love jumping off the dock into the water which they did over and over again.

Eventually we were able to drag them all out of the water, and after being in the sun and water for so long, they were all pretty hungry.

The night ended with some fireworks, which we did as the sun was still setting. We weren't patient enough to wait until it was really dark. Nor did we want the kids staying up 3 or 4 hours past bedtime.




4 comments:
Oh I want to live on your parent's lake. I think that is where we should all end up 25 years from now. Think of the lake as our cul-da-sac. You know what I really want to know....was there any flooding in their basement this year? ha! HA!
Looks like so much fun! I bet you're loving being so close to family. Happy 4th!
So sad we missed it this year. Hopefully next year we'll be able to make it, I always love being at Mom and Dad's for the Fourth of July!
26 people is still a crowd! Glad you had such a great time! There's nothing like family. :)
Post a Comment