Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Cruise!! Part 1

To celebrate John's graduation. John and I, along with 3 other MBA couples went on a 7 day/ 7 night Royal Caribbean cruise!! It was the first time John and I have been on a couples only vacation since having kids, and to say that we had fun would be a huge understatement. My mom and dad were kind enough to stay with the kids while we were gone, and we are so, so grateful to them for making it possible for us to sneak away.


John graduated on Friday, and we left early Sunday morning to fly down to Florida. We left from Port Canaveral, and made stops at CocoCay (a private Royal Caribbean owned island), St. Thomas, and St. Maarten. It was our first ever cruise, and we LOVED it! Our boat was the Freedom of the Seas, and it was massive. We spent the first evening on the boat just walking around trying to see everything (which we did not accomplish).


Getting ready to board the ship


Our boat, the Freedom of the Seas

Eating lunch, our first of many meals.


The guys hanging out waiting to depart Port Canaveral

The very front of the boat. (We may or may not have had our own "I'm the king of the world" moment)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Oh my gosh. I am already planning a cruise for Jeff's graduation now. What an awesome idea. How did you even start planning for all of you? I need details.


We should have a party when you get back? Sooooo when do you get back? I was out looking at garage sales on 180th and dodge and that is a really nice area. I am so excited for you guys.