Thursday, April 21, 2011

Incredible India

Last night John and I had the opportunity to perform for the Asian MBAA's



Incredible India night.



Our good friend Adam (a first year MBA, and friend from BYU) was asked to put together a Bhangra dance for the event, and since Adam and I danced together at BYU (and performed a Bhangra dance), he recruited John and I to join. It was really fun to dance and perform again; it has been awhile.


The night started with an authentic Indian dinner (red dots included).



Then we got into costume before the show started.




We were able to watch most of the show since we were the finale. There were several other dance numbers, some singing and instrumental performances, an Indian dating show (that was hilarious), and some videos and skits. I was quite impressed with how much work went into the show.



One of the other dance numbers


We had some help with our make-up and accessories during our final prep for our performance. I guess Bhangra dancers grow beards, so some of the other Indian performers painted them on the guys in our group.

Adam and John in their awesome make-up

Since we were the last number of the show, the audience had thinned out a little (we didn't perform until 10:40PM!!), but everyone seemed to love it. In fact, we missed our entrance because we couldn't hear the music with everyone cheering so loudly. It ended up being a really fun night, and I'm glad that we were able to be a part of it.


6 comments:

Bethany said...

Oh my goodness, I love it! I love the beards! I love how random little folk related opportunities turn up- this one looks like it was fun!

Stephanie said...

I think John should grow a beard for real. It looks good. I didn't know that john was a dancer. I knew you were, but both of you? WOW.

John Pawlowski said...

I also polka. (Polish heritage and all)

Natalie said...

This looks like so much fun! Glad you got to use your dancing skills! :)

Ani said...

The local Hindu temple here frequently has dance programs, and I love them. I liked looking at all of the pictures you posted here. -Lola http://www.happinessinspiration.blogspot.com

T said...

nice post :)

P.S.: the red dots (known as bindi in Hindi) look nice on you :)