While we were in Wisconsin over the weekend for John's Grandma's 90th Birthday (post to come), we made our must-stop trip to the Ruldolph, WI Dairy to pick up some "Squeaky Cheese". I have only had squeaky cheese 3 times in my life, all of them since I married John and we started making visits to Wisconsin. I must admit that while I do enjoy a piece or two of squeaky cheese, I am certainly not as passionate about this unique cheese as others (maybe you have to be born/raised in Wisconsin to truly appreciate it), but I do thoroughly enjoy our trips to the dairy. We didn't have too much time to stay at the Dairy, but we all enjoyed watching the cheese being made.
Of course we picked up several bags of the fresh squeaky cheese, but we also picked up some ice cream at the attached "Chocolate Shoppe Ice Cream" shop, which was SO delicious!! While I was trying to prevent myself from licking my cup, I noticed the following paragraph on the back of the cup, and thought it was quite clever and funny:Nutritional Information:
Don't even ask. This is the best ice cream made in Wisconsin, and it tastes so good because it has gobs of rich Wisconsin cream, tons of real ingredients for boat-loads of luscious flavors. That means it's not low-fat, low-calorie or low-anything, and that's why everyone loves it. You want nutrition, eat carrots.
4 comments:
Did the nutritionn information stop you from licking your cup?
Everybody loves cheese curds. All I can eat is a couple too, but there is just something about that squeak.
Sarah loved her squeaky cheese, at first they were skeptical but it was a hit. That ice cream cup was too funny!
Wisconsin dairy is the best! I actually worked at a Chocolate Shoppe Ice Cream store when I was a teenager in northern Wisconsin. My favorite flavor is still Mackinac Island Fudge.
I love the saying on that cup, so funny!
Post a Comment