Saturday, February 12, 2011

Sick Day Projects

Well, unfortunately for us, the fun family nights did not continue much after my last post. In fact, they came to a screeching halt the very next morning, when we woke up to find that Hudson had thrown up sometime during the night. Luckily, he seemed to be feeling fine within a few hours. John was the next to get hit on Monday morning, and then my turn with the stomach flu came Monday night. Makenna was the last of us to catch the bug, and she definitely had it the worst. While the rest of us had the standard 24 hour bug, Makenna was sick for a full 7 days! I didn't even know that the stomach flu could last 7 days. The poor thing was miserable. After almost 10 days of being stuck in our house, we were ready to get out. But as luck would have it, we got hit with a big ice storm that trapped us inside for another few days.

One benefit of being stuck inside for 2 weeks straight was the extra time I had to work on projects. I FINALLY finished Makenna's Christmas stocking (it was only 3 years in the making) and have started working on Hudson's. (I'll post pictures once his is done.) I also decided that I needed another Valentine's decoration since I only had ONE (which is pretty pathetic...I know). I decided to make the wreath found here. When I ran to the store, they only had red and white felt (no pinks), and it definitely took a lot longer to make all of the roses than she made it sound, but I am pretty happy with the way it turned out, and it was a fun, easy project.

It didn't "scream" Valentine's Day to me, so I added a little heart, but I can't decide if I like it or not...what do you think? (It's removable)

5 comments:

Cece said...

REALLY cute...
especially w/ the heart which is my vote :)
I'm glad everyone is feeling better.

Natalie said...

It's really pretty, Amber! And I'm sorry everyone was feeling so awful. We seem to have escaped most of the sickness that's been going around, which I'm really grateful for. Happy Valentine's Day!

Gabriella said...

I love it, want to make me one? I don't have a single Valentine's decoration up.

Stephanie said...

That wreath is super cute. I can't believe that it's just felt.

I hate winter because it seems like someone is always sick.

Are you getting excited to move back?

Joy said...

I noticed this on your door yesterday and I thought it looked adorable, I like the 'love' tag!