Sunday, December 12, 2010

A Tale of Two Snowmen

December started off with a very light dusting of snow (our first of the season), and Makenna was SOO excited. All day long she kept asking if she could go outside and build a snowman, but since Hudson was sick, I told her that she would have to wait for Daddy to come home. John didn't get home until right before dinner, and even though it was starting to get dark and the snow was pretty much gone, out they went to build a snowman. After much effort on John's part to rake up a little bit of snow, here is the result:

A teeny, tiny, little snowman
Luckily, just a few days later, we got our first real snow of the season. After shoveling, sledding, and playing outside in the snow for almost 2 hours, John and Makenna got busy building a proper snowman at the bottom of our driveway. We enjoyed being welcomed home by our snowman for over a week before he sadly started to melt away.


4 comments:

Gabriella said...

That mini snowman is hilarious! And I think the big one is one of the best dressed snowmen I've ever seen.

Natalie said...

Those are two awesome snowmen! I love the tiny one--looks like it was hard to make with the little snow that you got that day! :) Can't wait to see you guys soon!

Shelley said...

Love the waving snowman!!

Sara said...

What a great post! I love it!