Sunday, December 19, 2010

Lessons Learned

from celebrating Christmas 2010...

1. Santa sometimes visits early.

2. Our student budget doesn't really allow for buying the best and nicest items.

3. Grandmas and Grandpas go a LONG way in making up for the student Christmas budget...THANK YOU!!

4. John continues his streak of buying a better present for me than I buy for him. (Think ear buds and a pull-up bar vs. an ipod nano)

5. A one year old + a zhu zhu pet = lots of fun.

6. Shopping for stockings is fun...shopping for your own stocking is even better!


7. Buying $2 stockings at Target rather than stressing to finish the kids' homemade stockings is a really good idea. (The countdown for next year is on)

8. It is possible to lose, and I mean really lose things in a 1200 sq. ft. home. Case in point...my bag of thread needed to finish the kids stockings. I have looked everywhere, and it is no where to be found. Hence the $2 Target stockings.

9. Just because it is a good deal, doesn't mean it is a good deal.

10. A one your old + a large Barbie Castle is not a good mix.

11. Bigger is not always better.


12. No ornament is safe (we have sadly lost 4 this year to Hudson's "I-must-get-into-everything-nature," all of which I thought were safely out of his grasp).

13. John is well on his way to being a Husker fan!

14. Kids are much easier to please than adults (even though I wasn't thrilled with the quality of my black Friday amazing deal on a Barbie Castle, Makenna LOVES it, and really that is what matters.)

15. Celebrating Christmas with kids is really fun!! Some of my favorite quotes from Makenna of our early Christmas celebration:

"All of these things are SO CUTE!"

"How are we going to fit all of these in our room?"

"This is the best Christmas EVER!"

Here are some photos from our "Best Christmas Ever"






1 comment:

Eric and Jessi said...

I'm finally making Eric a stocking after 8 years so you're definitely ahead of me!