Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Kitchen

Christmas came early for Makenna in the form of a very large box that arrived on our doorstep this week from Grandma Cece and Grand-Da. The box arrived while Makenna was napping, so I brought it in and covered it with a blanket. Once awake, Makenna quickly discovered what was under the blanket, and was SO, SO excited. We decided to go ahead and set it up for her, and I am so glad that we did...it has already provided HOURS of entertainment.
These pictures were taken the morning after her kitchen arrived. All she wanted to do when she woke up was play with her kitchen...hence the pajamas and bed head.
She loves pretending to cook up all kinds of yummy meals for Mommy, Daddy, and baby Hudson.

And what did we have for breakfast that first morning? Ice Cream of course.
Thanks Grandma CeCe and Grand-Da...your present has been a HUGE hit!

8 comments:

Natalie said...

That is so cute! I remember we had a play kitchen when I was a little girl and I just loved it! Maybe if you're lucky she'll want to help out in the real kitchen too when she gets a little older... :)

Gabriella said...

What a deluxe kitchen. I wish my kitchen looked like that. Makenna looks so much like you in that first picture, she's adorable! I can't wait to kiss those cute cheeks on Hudson.

melbel said...

Awww, anything that helps her self entertain is worthy of being given to her early! :) Look how happy she is!

Angie O said...

Too cute! I want one! I bet she'll be a great help in your kitchen soon :)

Cece said...

Cooking the icecream for breakfast made me laugh! Too funny!

The Howards said...

So fun! I need something like that to keep Tyson entertained. I'm sure he eat anything Makenna would make for him! Love those cute pictures of Hudson. Aren't you coming back this week? I think we'll just miss you!

Stephanie said...

Lauren got a kitchen for Christmas too. And yes it is a very very large box. Since we are at grandma's house still the kitchen for us hasn't had the hours of entertainment that I had hoped. Glad that Makenna has a new favorite.

Stephanie said...

Lauren got a kitchen for Christmas too. And yes it is a very very large box. Since we are at grandma's house still the kitchen for us hasn't had the hours of entertainment that I had hoped. Glad that Makenna has a new favorite.