Saturday, November 7, 2009

Letter from Mommy

Dear Baby Boy,
Today is your due date, meaning that it is time for you to leave the comforts of mommy’s belly, and join this world. I know that may sound like a scary prospect, but we are very excited to meet you, and are ready for you to come. The bathrooms are clean, mommy’s hospital bag is packed, and all or your clothes are washed and waiting for you. I even repainted my toenails today! Your big sister Makenna is very excited to meet you too. She loves babies, and talks about holding and rocking you.

If you could make your way into our family during the next few days, that would be great! Daddy appreciates that you waited to come until after his final that he took yesterday, but he would really like it if you came before his Case Competition which starts on Thursday. In fact, your Grandma Debbie is coming tonight to be here to help mommy, so we if you wanted to come tonight or tomorrow, that would be perfect. (And I’m not just saying that because I am ready to be done being pregnant, and I can’t stand the thought of wearing any of my maternity clothes any longer, although that is true too.)

Your daddy and I will take good care of you, and give you lots of hugs and kisses!

Love,
Mommy

P.S. I promise we will have a name picked out for you by the time you arrive!

9 comments:

Marin said...

oh this is how I feel also! I have cleaned everything, I don't have my bags packed but hopefully next week will be the date!! You should go on a LONG walk!!! Hope baby comes soon!! Can't wait to see!!!

Angie O said...

You're cute. I hope you get that baby soon! Good luck with everything!

Glo said...

I hope he comes soon...I think it's really unfair when people have to go past their due date! good luck with everything!

Lizi Bates said...

C'mon baby P! I hope by the time you are reading this that you're holding him in your arms :) Good luck over the next few days. I'm sure you'll do great! And I didn't know that cleaning the entire house was part of the 'due date' routine, but pretty much everyone I know has done it...so he's sure to come anytime. p.s. Mak makes the cutest little lady bug :)

Natalie said...

I've been thinking about you guys all weekend! Hope he comes soon!!!

hilary w said...

Oh Amber I am so excited for you! I hope he comes soon. There is nothing worse than going over your due date with family coming in town to put the pressure on! Good luck! I can't wait to see your little baby boy!

Cheryn said...

Hang in there! All I can tell you, is while its torturous, it will be worth it to wait (if its medically feasible). You are SO CLOSE! Good luck :D You'll do great.

Chrispy Critter said...

So Sweet!

Nicole M said...

Oh he's beautiful!! Funny thing, if we have a boy, Hudson was one of our 4 name choices we liked (I laugh that we like similar names!!). I'm glad he's here safe...congratulations!