The Bloomington Hospital has visitor restrictions right now, and since Makenna was not able to come visit we were anxious to come home, and decided to only stay one night in the hospital. I was excited to get home, but wasn't excited to come home to a sick toddler. Makenna started showing symptoms of a cold (runny nose, and coughing) the night before we came home, so the first few days home were a little tricky. She was OBSESSED with Hudson, and wanted to hold him, hug him, and kiss him all of the time. We have been trying really hard to make sure that her hands are clean before she holds him, and making sure that she doesn't cough or sneeze on him. Makenna is doing better, and so far Hudson seems as healthy as can be, so hopefully our efforts will pay off.
Here are some pictures from the night we got home:


Makenna was VERY excited to meet her baby brother.

My mom just left yesterday, which was sad, because she has been such an angel. She has been doing all of the cooking, cleaning, laundry, and grocery shopping. She also has been such a big help with keeping Makenna entertained and happy, and helping with Hudson, allowing me to sneak in a much needed nap here and there. I was sad to see her go, but am excited to have John's mom flying into town tonight.


I have LOVED having a newborn again! He is just so sweet and snuggly. He isn't even a week old yet, and already I can't imagine not having him as part of our family.


We may have a thumb-sucker...we'll have to see how that plays out.
8 comments:
OHHHH he is just soooo cute!! I am sooo happy for you guys!! Glad Makenna is doing well. I am really hoping that Carden doesn't get sick this week either especially with all the sickness going around at church! I am debating weather I want to take him to nursery tomorrow. You look great Amber!!!
He is just adorable. I'm so glad that things have been going well for you. I know what you mean about hating to have mom leave, I wish she could have stayed for month. Your doing great, I really can't wait to hold him.
Soooo Cute! I just want to come hug on him!
Congratulations, he is so beautiful! And I love the pictures of him and Makenna together. So sweet!!
Little Hudson has such pretty skin. Your birth story was inspiring and now next time I have a baby I am going to be tough like you and not go to the hospital until I am a 8 maybe an 8 1/2. Congratulations and welcome to real motherhood. I felt much more like a Mom after I had two.
He is so handsome! Rocky can't wait to play with his buddy, he felt a little outnumbered with all the female hoosier babies!
Happy 2nd Birthday Makenna!!!!
You made another cute one, guys! He's a KEEPER! I love that first pic of Makenna...looks like shes poking his face as if to see if he's really an actualy real-life baby :D CONGRATS AGAIN!
Oh, and thanks for posting the "birth story"...you know how I LOVE THOSE!!!
Post a Comment