Thursday, November 19, 2009

Birthday Celebrations!

My days as a mom of two children under the age of 2 were short-lived...only 9 days to be exact. Makenna turned 2 yesterday, and we have all enjoyed celebrating her birthday this week.
On Monday Makenna had the cutest

Fairy Princess Tea Party

with two other little girls in our neighborhood who also turned 2 during the month of November. The 3 Birthday girls along with 3 other little friends had a great time dressing up, playing games, and eating lunch and cupcakes together.


Makenna wore my wings from when I was a little girl,
and a matching pink tu-tu that I made for her.



Some of the cute decorations.
Thanks J for hosting the party at your house!

Digging in to her lunch,


and then using her white shirt as a napkin to wipe off the frosting that was all over her hands!

Here are all of the tea party guests. The 3 Birthday girls are on the left.
On Wednesday, (Makenna's actual birthday) we celebrated at home, with more cupcakes, and then opening presents. Makenna LOVED blowing out the candles on her cake, and opening all of her presents. Thanks to all of you who sent or dropped off gifts for Makenna, she was really excited to open all of them.

Taking pictures with her new camera,

and showing off some more of her presents.

Playing Play-Doh with Grandma CeCe. Makenna had never really played with Play-Doh until last night, and has already spent a good 4 hours playing between last night and this morning.
I am SO grateful to have John's mom here helping me. John has had a really busy week at school, and John's mom has been taking over all of the household chores, as well as playing with Makenna non-stop. (She is a director at a Preschool in CO, and so has lots of experience entertaining and keeping toddlers busy!)
Happy Birthday Makenna! We Love you!




3 comments:

Gabriella said...

Happy Birthday Makenna! I'm glad you guys had some fun celebrations. I can't wait to see her at Christmas, it will be fun to have her and Kate together.

Angie O said...

So Fun! She looks so cute! Happy Birthday, Makenna!

Natalie said...

Happy birthday Makenna! She looks so darling in her little costume. Glad things are going so well! Wish I could meet Hudson soon...