Well...when John or I ask Makenna to smile or say cheese, this is usually what we get:

and this:

and this:

Finally, on the last picture taken...she has her eyes open. Success!!

Also, I need some advice from you other moms out there. John and I are trying to decide if we should move Makenna into a "Big Girl" bed now, or wait until January. She sleeps great in her crib, and has never tried to climb out (that I know of) so part of me just wants to let her keep sleeping in it as long as possible. The other part of me knows that there will probably be an adjustment period as we make the transition, and maybe that would be easier to tackle now while we only have Makenna, than waiting till we have a 2 or 3 month old baby as well. What do you think?? Now before the baby comes, or in January after she is adjusted to having a little brother?
5 comments:
I know that smile well, because that's the only one Kate will give us. Makenna is growing up so much, she is sure a cute little girl. As far as the big girl bed, I think it's really up to you. It took Kate about a week and 1/2 to adjust, but it's awesome now, she loves her bed and doesn't fight us at all with it. Either way it's an adjustment. Good luck!
I wanted to wait as long as possible with Jack before moving him over and Clay finally just said we were going to do it and he did so well. We put a 'rail' on a twin bed and he only just recently started getting out of it more. We did it before the baby came and I think it was probably nice to have a month or two to adjust but I dont know if he would have cared had we waited. Good luck!
**here is my email address...we need to get together!! katylynnwarren@gmail.com
I say wait! The baby will probably be in with you for the first little while anyway, and it was a major mistake with Austin- I still struggle getting him to stay in bed and stay asleep all through the night, and he's been in a big boy bed for 4 months now!
Wait...Wait...Wait... They are so much easier in the crib and if she is happy and sleeping don't change that. You are going to need all the sleep you can get. Why have 2 right away that you might have to get up with in the night? She may give up naps and not sleep well for months in a new bed. I say don't rock the boat right now, keep her space hers for a little while longer.It will comfort her when the baby is here!!!
Alright, you asked for opinions, here it goes ... ;P
We transistioned Ryland out of her crib when she turned two, just four months before Jadyn was born and it worked out perfect. Of course there were many nights during which she got out of bed, played with toys, etc...hey her room was her oyster! But I was sure glad to get that out of the way before introducing a new baby into the picture.
It also helped her find her role as a "big girl" rather than the baby of the household so that she didn't feel like her spot was being taken...she was just being promoted :) Good luck with whatever your decision is!
BTW, LOVE those pics of Makenna! I always have to tell Jadyn, "please don't pose hunny," or we get that same smile (or worse) its adorable though--great momentos.
Post a Comment