John came home the other day from buying the rest of his books (he had bought a few used off of Amazon while we were still in Omaha), and they are ridiculously expensive.
What would you pay for the following binder full of papers, and 2 paperback books?? I thought $200 maybe $300 at most.

Nope, try $700! Yes, $700 for some paper in a binder. It is a thick binder, but it is just full of paper!!
Throw in 2 more real hardcover books, and you are looking at $1100. Gone!

So we may be living off of spaghetti and Ramen noodles, but at least John has a nice binder full of paper.
8 comments:
haa haaa!!! ohhh yes. That is so ridiculous! Justin's books were around that much and he still needs to buy supplements!! ahhhh!! it is so crazy! Got to love being POOR. I try not to think about it. Hopefully we will get back on scholarship next year so that will be paid for!!! Good luck!!
I had been thinking that I paid quite a sum for books this semester, but that is just INSANE!!! I can't believe his books cost that much, especially for a binder of paper! Wow...
Oh my! I don't even understand how they could justify charging that much for a "nice binder full of paper." But one day when you're rich and famous from all of John's hard work, $1100 will be nothin'! :)
Ah, the ripoff that is our lives when students. Thomas had to buy a big load of expensive books that he is only going to use for six weeks, then will just have to buy more. And of course they are books that aren't available online anywhere so you have to pay full price. We love student loans.
man...and i thought $400 for 2 classes was bad... :(
Yikes! That is one expensive binder. You better frame it, or put it in a safe after he's done with school.
How sweet of Makenna! I really wish we lived closer. The girls could even have fun playing when they got older :) Oh well!
P.S.- I can't believe how much those books cost! And I thought the accounting program was bad!
Ahahaha! Oh man, that is the truth. I only have two classes this semester and my two books are $375--ouch! Glad its not a quick grand though.
One night we were going out to eat and Ryland said she wanted to eat at the Spaghetti Facotry. It old her she will get to eat at the spaghetti factory at our house everynight until further notice so we should pick somewhere else to eat out ;D
Post a Comment