Monday, August 10, 2009

Our Townhouse

Here are some pictures of our townhouse, which we are renting, but will be calling home for the next two years. Right now we seem to have plenty of space (that may change when the baby comes). I also love our little community. There are at least 10 LDS families that live here.

The Entry: There was a big empty space when you first walked in the door, and we didn't really have anything else to put there besides our desk.


Our Living Room: Notice how we blocked the fireplace with our couch and end table. The entertainment center is half-way covering up a window, and is facing the loveseat instead of the couch...as I said awkward!


The Kitchen: The eating area is on the other side of the counter.


John's Upstairs Office: John wanted to have a place he could study behind closed doors, but we didn't want to buy another desk, so ended up buying a folding table. Our 3rd bedroom is now the 2nd office/craft/toy/guest room.


Our Bedroom:


Our "Walk-In" Closet: There is maybe about 10 inches between John and my hangers.


Makenna's Room:


John started his Jumpstart classes today, and we are officially on a student budget. I am currently working on turning an old white sheet into a window panel for the long skinny window next to our door. This would have been an easy project with a sewing machine, but since I don't have one, and don't have the money to go buy one, I am hand-stiching the hem all the way up the side and on the top. It took me two hours to hand-stich the side hem...oh how fun to not have any money!

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

It looks beutiful. Did you paint Makenna's room? I'm so sorry that your closet is so crammed. You were really spoiled by the closets in your apartment. As are we. That is totally awesome that you have LDS neighbors to hang out with and kid swap.

Lizi said...

I'm so impressed you're all settled in already! Aren't you glad you took the time to be 'distracted' before the move...everything worked out fine AND you got to play! Looks like a cozy place, we hope you guys like it. Good luck to John in all his studies!!!

Angie O said...

What a nice place! I wish we could get a town home.
I'm excited to see you in a week!

Ashley said...

I'm super impressed with you for already unpacking and decorating. We've been in our house for six weeks and I'm still not done. How do you do it? Just wait till I post pictures though, you'll laugh. For example, our "entertainment center" is plastic bins. :)

Stephanie said...

I know I already commented but I was showing Lauren pictures of Makenna, and she is so funny. She calls her "pa-wow-si" and sometimes "pow-si" I wonder if she gets too confused with our McKenna and your Makenna so she calls her by her last name.

Gabriella said...

Looks great! I'm sure Makenna will love the space. I hope you guys like it there.

melbel said...

Wow, you are already moved in? That's what I need to do...unpack and post it on the blog so that everything gets put away. But I'm not moving everything, so that's nice. I hope Indiana treats you well and I'm glad you can be in a little LDS community. We miss you guys!

Garrison Propaganda said...

wow i cant believe you moved and unpacked from the last time i checked your blog. way to be efficient! welcome back to student life. its not too bad after you get used to it. well, i guess thats easy for me to say b/c thats what weve been doing from day one for the past 7 years. i cant believe all the hand stitching youre doing. youre dedicated (and crazy--this coming from a nonsewer). i think i know what you should ask for for christmas!

Bec and Ryan said...

how did you get your house put together so fast? that's amazing! It looks so cute and to be honest it makes me really excited for what our future may hold.
Good luck to John and you with all that school will bring. I'm looking forward to hearing all about it. Any names picked out for your new little one yet?