I had my ultrasound appointment this morning, and am so excited to say that John and I are going to have a baby BOY!! We are both so excited for Makenna to have a baby brother. Everything looks great with the baby, for which we are grateful. However, I have decided that I just need to come to terms with the fact that I am probably going to have a big baby...he is already measuring over a week big!(Makenna was measuring a week small at her ultrasound and ended up being 8lbs 8oz!)
Neither John nor I had a "feeling" beforehand if the baby was a boy or girl, but I would have guessed girl simply because we already have a girl. Having a boy means that I won't get to use all of Makenna's clothes which would have been the perfect season, but I am also excited to have an excuse to go shopping! Luckily most of our big-ticket items (crib bedding, car seat, stroller, etc) are neutral colors, so I won't have to buy any of those.
I have to admit that I feel a little more nervous about having this baby knowing that it is a boy. Is that weird? Is having a boy totally different than having a girl? My sister-in-law assures me that all of the basics are the same, but somehow I feel a little less prepared. On the other hand, I am thrilled that we are having a boy, and that we will now have one of each. So bring on the trucks, dirt, and bugs I'm ready! (I think)
13 comments:
Oh I am so excited to hear you are having a boy! Little boys are so much fun! Jack is just my little buddy. And, contrary to what people say, they still make cute clothes for baby boys!
I also have to say that boy toys are so much fun. I love all the cars and trains and construction vehicles in my house. You will LOVE having a boy! Congratulations!
Woohoo! A lil John running around...everyone better get ready, haha. I'm so excited for you guys, it'll be so much fun to have a little boy in your family!
Yay...I love little boys!!! They are the best. How fun to have one of each. You are too funny with your worrying. Once he is here you'll think nothing of the fact that he is a boy, and you won't be able to imagine it any other way! Congratulations!
That was Jenny by the way... My mom was on my computer last logged into her email and I didn't realize it!
Cute - it will be a fun little house for you guys. :) While many things will be the same, I'm sure many things will be different and you'll love everything about it! Boys are cute at the toddler stage.
Yay Amber! That is too exciting! Congrats for a boy! Hopefully I drank the same water as you did--again ; )
CONGRATS! I have LOVED having a boy and luckily they actually make really cute boy clothes now :) I still do a sacrificial wet wipe each time I change Rulan's diaper so he doesn't pee on himself...which he hasn't done in forever, but still just in case. I'm sure boys have a little more range that way ;) Oh I am so excited. I woke up this morning and couldn't wait to check your blog to find out. Any names picked out? Oh I am so excited for you and John and Makenna!
p.s. you need to post a preg pic of you so we can all see your little boy growing!
Congrats on the fun news! That will be so fun to have one of each! (Although a bummer you can't re-use Makenna's clothes)! I'm just glad to hear that Makenna was smaller than this boy during your pregnancy...gives me hope for not having a huge girl! Congrats again!
That's so exciting to get to have a little boy! We never could figure out how to get at least one of each. haha Lucky you!
Congrats!! Amber we are almost due at the same time, I am sooo excited. I find out next week if we are having a boy or girl. Okay, so boys are soooo easy you are going to love it!!!
Yay! Congrats!
Amber, I am so happy for you. I am glad to know that your fmaily is doing well and growing. I am sure you will be a great moher of two. I am sure you will have as much fun with this new boy as you do with McKenna. Keep on smiling and know that the hard first trimeter is over now the fun delivery comes. Wishing you well.
Hooray for one of each!! Congrats!
Post a Comment