Thursday, June 18, 2009

More Play Time

Now that I am no longer working part-time, I find that I have more time to do fun things with Makenna. While working, I would try to do chores and household things while Makenna was awake, so that I could work while she napped. Now I can do all of the housework while she is napping, and therefore have been able to do fun things with her in the mornings.

So far this week, we have been to the park, to storytime at a local library, to a local farm to see the animals, and swimming at our complex pool. I do miss the extra "fun money" that my part-time work brought in, but I feel like I have more energy to be a better mom, wife, and homemaker than I did when I was working. (I suppose being out of the first trimester probably has something to do with that as well.)

Here is Makenna at the park:




And feeding the donkeys at the farm:




I think that both Makenna and John have noticed a difference as well. John commented one day upon returning from work to an almost perfectly clean house (I don't believe that perfection can be obtained while you have a toddler) and dinner in the oven that it was nice to have me "back". And Makenna has started to not just say "thank you" when I give or do things for her, but to say "thank you mom". She says it in the cutest, sweetest voice, and it melts my heart everytime.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Gosh good for you. I started out with setting the bar low so that Jeff doesn't have expectations. If I have even thought about dinner it is a bonus. If the house is picked up, well great. I do however feel better if I am productive, but usually I'm just too lazy.

Lizi said...

How fun to get to play more! You're such a good mom to do all those fun 'learning' activities with her. Makenna has such a great personality. And of course I like her BYU shirt ;) The Little Mermaid story was so cute!

melbel said...

So glad you have more time to play! We love having you come do things...it's been so fun!