Mom - She literally says mom, and not ma ma
Dad - Same things with dad, it is not da da, but dad
Muh - (More) She says this ALL of the time
Men - (Amen) Makenna learned to say this while we were in Colorado for Christmas. She now says it everytime we say a family prayer. She has also learned to fold her arms. (Well she actually just clasps her hands together, but it is pretty cute.) She starts doing it as soon as she notices me setting the table for dinner.
Boo - She says this while playing peek-a-boo games with us
Bup - (Dog) I really don't know where this one came from, but this is what she called Dallas in Colorado. Sometimes it sounds more like dog, but most of the time it is just bup.
Ba - Bath
Moo - This is really the only animal noise she can make so far
Makenna is also doing a lot of other really fun things. She mimicks everything that John and I do, and she loves to help with chores like laundry (she puts the clothes in the washer and the dryer), unloading the dishwasher (she will bring everything to me), and picking up (as long as we make it a game). She will pretty much follow any instructions that I give her (except when I tell her to stop doing something that she wants to do). It is amazing how much more she understands than I give her credit for. She also loves to dance and kick her legs, which is quite hysterical to watch. Makenna seems too grown up to be my little baby anymore, which is sad, but she still loves to snuggle and gives the best hugs and kisses, so I'm happy.
6 comments:
Looks like a good set of words already. Our 2 yr old still needs a translator to understand sometimes. But it's pretty fun.
She is SO adorable! I can't believe she's talking already. Looks like you had a fun Christmas in CO as well. I hope the winter isn't too harsh in NE for you guys! Say hi to everyone for us. We miss you!!
Aww--so grown up! Sounds like you've got a talker! (What else can we expect having girls, right?)
Sounds like you are absolutely loving motherhood!
She is a cutie! It does go by way too fast though. I guess that's why we have more than one.
My favorite is the men at the end of prayers.I would love to see it all on video sometime. It's so neat that she understands so much and that she likes to help. It lights up my day whenever Rulan smiles...I can't imagine how fun it will be when he can talk :)
Post a Comment