Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Last Week

Last week ended up being a busy week for us. On Monday we flew to Indiana so that John could interview at the Kelley Business School at Indiana University. Makenna and I tagged along so that we could check out the town. John really liked the school, and the interview went well, so now we are just waiting to see if we get accepted (We are also waiting to hear from a couple of other schools; none of which are in NE).
Makenna was great on the trip. We couldn't have asked for a better travelling baby, and now that she walks all of the time, I don't even really need to find things to entertain her. She just thinks it is fun to walk around. We figured out that after this trip Makenna has been to 11 different states, and has been on 22 flights!! That is pretty good for not even being 1 yet!

We got back from Indiana on Wednesday, and John had to leave again Thursday morning to go on a business trip. I was pretty bummed since he was going to be gone on Halloween, but Makenna and I ended up having a pretty good Halloween thanks to my parents. They brought dinner over, and then we went and visited some cousins.


8 comments:

Sarah Anne said...

Oh my heavens! She's so big and so cute. What a little doll. So, you might be moving again?! You are such a trooper. Better now than later in life, right? Glad you're enjoying the season.

Cheryn said...

Oh wow...how exciting anticipating possibly another move?! I know you will be where you are supposed to be (especially in the grand scheme of things). I'll say a prayer for you...hope you are enjoying the start of the holiday season. We sure miss you guys!

Garrison Propaganda said...

holy cow, thats a lot of traveling for a not even one year old. perfect that shes such a good little traveler. good luck with indiana. i know what its like to have a husband mia during halloween. no fun. but, thats nice you were able to go hang out with your family.

Tyson and Marie said...

She is a doll! That's exciting that he is interviewing everywhere! Good luck!

Bec and Ryan said...

Let us know as soon as you hear...but it's nice to hear that it all went so well. Hopefully we will be following in your footsteps in one year...as we have with most everything else. What can I say...you and John are GREAT examples for us :) It was so good to see you in Utah. Hopefully you can come back soon. We'll be staying in touch and will let you know when Makenna's future husband arrives :)

Sheri said...

Can't wait to see where you get in! Indiana is good - but there's this place called Texas... ;-)

Jen Giorgis said...

Wow, that is an amazing amount of traveling for a 1yr. old. I guess you need to get as much in as possible while she is still free right? Good luck to John. We wish him the best!!! Also, go check out www.sugarblossomphotography.blogspot.com There is someone there that you just might recognize!!!

P.S. I printed out both of them for you. let me know what you think :)

hilary w said...

I can't wait to hear where you guys end up going to school! (You should check out UW-Madison!) Not that we are biased about Madison or anything... :)