Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My Water Baby

From very early on, Makenna has always loved her baths. She is so happy in the tub, and loves to splash, play with her tub toys, and suck water out of her washcloth. Recently I have discovered that this love of water does not only apply just to her baths.



Makenna also loves to go swimming. We have a pool at our apartment complex (one of the perks of renting) and she absolutley loved it when we took her a few weeks ago. The water was pretty cold, so I was worried that she wouldn't like it, but she adjusted to it more quickly than I did (she does have quite a bit of insulation). On Saturday we took her swimming again, this time for almost 2 hours, and again she loved it.



On Father's Day, I took Makenna out to visit her Grandma and Grandpa Bailey at their new house on a lake. While sitting on the dock, my dad put Makenna's feet in the lake, and she immediately started kicking her legs, and leaning over to try and touch the water. She definitly wanted to get in; it was pretty cute. However, she didn't know quite what to think about the fish that her Uncle Morgan was catching. I'm so glad that it is summer, and I am looking forward to taking Makenna swimming some more, and just being outside (inbetween the storms of course).


3 comments:

Bec and Ryan said...

She is so adorable! It truly is so nice when summer comes around. So refreshing! How warm is it getting in Nebraska these days?

Gabriella said...

What cute pictures! Isn't it funny how much babies love water? I really hope you guys can come and visit next week!

Joe said...

One word - cryptosporidium.