John's cousin Beth got married on June 30th, and although we had originally planned on John just going to the wedding by himself and me staying home with the kids, we decided last minute to make it a family trip instead. Initially I wasn't sure that I would want to travel with Clara since she was only 6 1/2 weeks old, but I also really wanted to be able to go to the wedding and I didn't want to be left home again. (I say again, because this would have been John's 5th trip out of town since Clara was born! He had already been gone on 4 different trips for work, which is a lot when you have a new baby!!)
So on Wednesday June 27th, we loaded the 3 kids in the car and headed for Wisconsin. We decided to spend two nights in Wisconsin Dells, which is known as the waterpark capitol of the world, before going to the wedding. Neither of us had been to Wisconsin Dells before, but we had heard it was a really fun place. We stayed at the Wilderness Waterpark Resort, which I had actually seen featured on Travel Channel's Extreme Resorts show! It is America's largest waterpark resort, and features 4 indoor and 4 outdoor waterparks!! This place was seriously amazing! We only paid $150 a night, and that included access to all 8 waterparks. We also picked this resort over some of the others that I researched because the Wilderness Waterparks are exclusive for guests staying at the resort, so they are less crowded than some of the public waterparks.
On Wednesday night, we arrived in time to have dinner (and dessert as you can see by Hudson's chocolate-covered mouth), and then head to one of the indoor waterparks for about an hour before bedtime.
On Thursday, we spent all day visiting the different waterparks. First we spent a few hours at one of the outdoor waterparks, and then we headed for the indoor park with the wave pool before going back to our room for lunch.
After lunch John and Makenna headed to a different outdoor park while Hudson, Clara and I took naps in the room. After we woke up we headed to yet another different outdoor and indoor waterpark. It was so fun visiting all of the different areas, and letting the kids just play and play.
One of the indoor water play structures
The kids both loved the waterparks. Makenna surprised us with how adventurous she was. I think her favorite slides were the big tube slides that she could go on with either John or I. Hudson loved playing in all the kiddie areas, but also really enjoyed some of the slides too!
Clara was an angel baby, and took great naps in her stroller while John and I took turns watching over her and playing in the water with the kids. We really loved visiting Wisconsin Dells, and definitely plan on going again!








2 comments:
That's where we stayed when we went and we thought it was awesome. We stayed in one of the condos. It had the two bedrooms and a full kitchen so that was really nice. And you totally should have called us. We live like 40 minutes away from the dells. Next time you come we'll meet you up there.
How is it that you don't look like you just had a baby? Jealous!
Post a Comment