John turned 31 this month, and I wish I could say that he had a fabulous birthday, but unfortunately, it ended up being pretty miserable! First, I was out of town on a girl's trip to Chicago on his actual birthday, so I wasn't around to celebrate with him. Second, his golf outing with my dad got cancelled due to bad weather. Third, both the kids came down with colds, so his birthday was spent at home taking care of two sick kids. And fourth, the present I had ordered for him hadn't arrived yet, so he didn't have any presents to open...poor guy!
I got home from my trip the day after his birthday, and tried my best to make up for missing it. We had my parents over for cake (I made his favorite) and ice cream. My parents also brought a really nice gift for him, which was great, becuase the gift I ordered still hadn't come. (Eventually it did come, and thanfully he has loved it.)
Although John didn't get too upset over his anything-but-perfect birthday, I do plan on making sure that next year will be much better!


1 comment:
I'm glad to hear things turned out better once you got home. What a great husband to watch the kids while you had a fun getaway!
Post a Comment