Wednesday, December 28, 2011

ConAgra Foods Ice Rink

Earlier this month, the kids and I headed downtown to meet John on the ConAgra campus after lunch to do a little ice skating. ConAgra sets up an outdoor rink every year, and all proceeds from the $5 admission are donated to Food Bank of the Heartland as part of a "Shine the Light on Hunger" campaign.



The kids have never been ice skating before, and I haven't been since I was a freshman in college. Being a Friday afternoon, the rink was mostly empty, which worked out great for us.

Makenna LOVED ice skating, and often would let go of our hands so that she could skate by herself.


I think Hudson thought we were crazy at first (putting him in unsteady ice skates, and taking him onto the slippery ice), but after a few laps, he started to really enjoy it too!
When Hudson needed a break, Makenna and John stayed out and skated some more,


meanwhile, Hudson found a pile of snow/ice to play in.
We also spent a lot of our time skating in a group. We had SO much fun, and are definitely planning on making it a yearly tradition!

1 comment:

Dan Pawlowski said...

looks like you guys had the rink to yourselves!