Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween Costumes

This year our family costume theme was from The Little Mermaid. I'll give you 1 guess on who decided on that theme...and no, it wasn't John. Makenna already had her costume, given to her by John's parents, so we added a red wig, and she was done. Hudson was originally going to be Flounder, but the only costumes I could find were either too small, or WAY too expensive (like $200+ !!). So, we decided to let him be the shark. He loves sharks, so this worked out well. Makenna wanted John to be King Triton and for me to be Ursula. I made/put together these costumes with the help of my mom and her sewing machine. We sewed and stuffed Ursula's tentacles, and then also sewed John's skirt...I mean tail, and fins. It was actually quite fun coming up with what we wanted to make. Thanks mom for helping me out!

We all wore our costumes to our church's Trunk or Treat.
Makenna was thrilled to see that one of her cute friends from church was dressed up as the human Ariel.
Of course the best part of it all was the candy.

On Halloween night, the kids were really excited to go trick-or-treating. My mom and dad joined us for a trip around the block, during which time the kids both filled their baskets.

When we got home, Makenna and I sorted all of her candy into piles. I use to do this every Halloween as a kid, so it was fun to be able to start this tradition with Makenna.

8 comments:

Gabriella said...

I love the costumes. You did a great job sewing them! Makenna makes a beautiful Ariel!

Cece said...

The theme idea is so fun- You and your mom did such a good job on costumes too! Cute cute cute!

Bethany said...

Pretty sure this set of costumes is my favorite ever. Well done. As cute as Ariel is, Ursula and King Triton take the cake!

Stephanie said...

What? You didn't dress up on Halloween?????? That idea is adorable. But I think you should have painted your face purple.

M-Z-T said...

fun costumes! cute family.

Anna said...

Ha ha!! I love it! Way to go, you always do an awesome job at your costumes.

amy stansel said...

Oh my gosh!!! I love the costumes!!! sooo great!

Dan Pawlowski said...

ahahha! King Triton!!