Friday, September 9, 2011

Grandma and Grandpa's Garden

A few weeks ago, while John was out of town on a business trip, the kids and I went over to my parent's house and helped them dip up potatoes in their garden. We also picked tomatoes, peppers, carrots, and some corn. My parents have an empty lot next to their house, and have taken over about 1/3 of it and planted a huge garden. (They got permission from the developer...I think...) We have been eating off if it a lot this summer which has been wonderful, and the kids love helping to pick the food.


We started with tomatoes and peppers. Hudson helped pick some cherry tomatoes, which he then played with for the next half hour.
Then we moved on to the potatoes. By the time we were done with the potatoes, the kids were covered in dirt, but having a blast.




Finally we picked some corn and carrots.

After about an hour of work, we had a pretty big pile of food. And the best part was that we got to take home a bag of fresh garden veggies!


2 comments:

Natalie said...

That looks so fun! And so nice to be able to have fresh, homegrown produce. I dream of having a big garden someday!

Cece said...

Now I could live on that kind of farm! :) Looks like great fun! and wow! those veggies are awesome!