Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Niagara Falls

Last week we had the chance to travel to Rochester, NY for uncle Joey's wedding (John's brother). Since we were driving...yes, driving...all the way to NY, we thought that we would take the opportunity to go and see Niagara Falls since it is only an hour away from Rochester. John had visited once as a kid, but I had never been before, and was very excited to see this amazing landmark. We arrived at our hotel on Wednesday evening, and after spending 2 days in the car, we happily walked down to the Niagara Falls Park.




I was so impressed with the falls and thought they were amazing, but the kids were more interested in playing with the dirt right in front of the guard rails!


On Thursday morning, we decided to take the kids on the Maid of the Mist boat ride that goes right up to the falls. We thought it was a good idea...

The before

The during


The after


The poor kids were terrified when they started getting sprayed with water. They both cried the whole time we were getting wet. I did feel bad for them, but John and I also thought it was pretty funny. They recovered quickly, so I don't think they were too traumatized. Afterwards, we took a few more pictures before jumping in the car and driving to Rochester.




1 comment:

mbunker said...

The before and after pictures are so funny! Miss you guys!