John and I spent spring break this year house hunting in Omaha, NE. After almost 7 years of marriage, I can't believe that we are FINALLY going to own our own home!! I am beyond excited. I feel so lucky to be going back "home" and to have the chance for Makenna and Hudson to grow up close to some of their aunts, uncles, cousins, and one set of grandparents.
Our house hunting experience was fun, exciting, a bit tiring, and at times a little stressful (but I think just for me...John seemed to be fine). My dad was our realtor (how lucky am I), and my mom was our babysitter extraordinaire. I really could not have asked for a better house hunting situation. After looking at about 40 houses in 3 days, we quickly narrowed our search down to our top 3 and then top 2. Deciding between the top 2 houses proved to be quite difficult, and we went back and forth all weekend, before making our final decision on Sunday night, and putting an offer in on Monday morning.
I am SO excited about our house. It is still in the process of being built, so after the offer was accepted on Monday evening, we were able to spend Tuesday picking out all of our 'finishes' (granite, carpet, tile, light fixtures, etc). It is a 2 story house, with 4 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, and an unfinished basement (a project for a few years down the road).
Here is a picture of the outside of our house (it is not painted yet). We will be closing the end of May, so hopefully it will look a lot different by then :)
These other pictures are taken from the model of our home.
We LOVE the spiral staircase in the entryway.
The Kitchen
One of my favorite parts of the kitchen: the hidden walk-in pantry (on the left) and the built-in desk.



14 comments:
Yay...Congratulations!!! That is so exciting. We are so happy to have you back here in Omaha. Your home looks like it will be beautiful. You'll love being a homeowner.
Hooray for growing up and getting to pick out your first house. Is it in the ward? We can't wait to have you come back to Omaha. We've missed you.
Am I jealous? Yes, yes I am :) It looks beautiful! And to be able to pick out the finishing touches? And to have it be brand new? That is so awesome! I am so happy for you guys! Congratulations!
So exciting! Congratulations to you!!
Cool! That is so exciting!
So what Ward will you be in?
West Maple wants to know
Wow...how exciting! Your home is going to be beautiful! You have such great taste, too, so I can't wait to see how you decorate it.
I didn't even know you guys landed a job back in your home state. That is so exciting! It is AWESOME living close to family. I'm so happy for your guys!
this is such a beautiful home. I'm so happy for you guys. The only bad part in you finding a home is that it means our time together is coming to a quick end!!! makes me sad!
We will be in the Skyline Ward. We are sad to not be in West Maple again, but we are expecting to be seeing everyone a lot!
Oh how gorgeous! I'm so happy for you guys...I'm in love with the spiral staircase...and the fact that it's brand new...but not loving that you're in a different ward. But still happy for you!!
So jealous! Jon and I have been married almost 5 years and still no house for us either...we move too much and now we're looking at grad school. So we'll probably be looking at 7 or 8 years of marriage before we can buy a house too!
It looks so beautiful! I'm so excited for you guys!
the house looks awesome! i hope you are enjoying it :)
this is actually jenner :)
Post a Comment