Sunday, January 16, 2011

Primary

Today was Makenna's 2nd week going to primary. Last week, she and the other graduating nursery kids were invited up to the front of sacrament meeting to receive a certificate congratulating them on their graduation. Makenna was so excited to get her certificate, and is so excited to be big enough to be in primary.

I, on the other hand, can't believe that she is already old enough to be in primary. She has grown up so much while we have been here in Indiana. John and I have started reading scriptures with Makenna every morning. At first, I think she just wanted to get it over with so that she could watch cartoons, but now she is really enjoying it. The first words out of her mouth every morning are "Mommy, can we go downstairs now to read scriptures?" It always amazes me how much kids love to learn. They really are little sponges.

3 comments:

Gabriella said...

Way to go Makenna, I bet they love having her in Primary.

Cece said...

Prioritizing scripture study each morning will pay huge dividends now and in the future for the whole family. Such a great way to fortify each one before stepping out for the day into the world. Kudos to you! Don't ever let the adversary tell you it's too much trouble or you don't have the time. Setting up that righteous family tradition now will really help pull you all through -especially when those upcoming teenage years roll around. Love you!

Ashley said...

Hey Amber! I was trying to find the blog post you made at some point about the double jogger you decided to buy, but I couldn't find it. What stroller did you end up getting? Do you like it? Do you find that it's too wide? Let me know. Thanks!