Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Little Guy is One!

Today was Hudson's first birthday! I really can't believe that it has already been a year since he was born. Seriously, where does the time go??
Here are just a few things about this cute birthday boy:
*He has been walking for a month and a half now, and is starting to think he is really good. (Translation: he is starting to go a lot faster, which makes me nervous because sometimes his legs can't keep up with his body and he face-plants.)
*He has learned how to go down the stairs on his belly all by himself. I still use the baby gate sometimes, but I think will soon be packing it away.
*He LOVES the dishwasher, and heads straight for it anytime he hears it open. I usually have to wait to do the dishes when he isn't around.
*He loves all things BOY; especially balls, cars, dirt, and remote controls.
*He is saying a few words including, "Ma ma" "Da da" and "Muh" (more), along with a variety of other baby babbles.
Makenna was very excited about Hudson's birthday today. We sang him Happy Birthday at least a dozen times. She also helped me make his cake and cupcakes, and was more than willing to help Hudson open his presents.
Here are a few pictures from our small family birthday celebration:
(Thank you to the Grandmas for sending some great gifts.)

Playing with his birthday cake.


Reading books with Daddy. Happy Birthday Hudson! We love you!

4 comments:

Cece said...

Thank you for posting these right away! Helps make me feel part of the big day. SO wish I were there to give both those grandbabies kisses and hugs.

Gabriella said...

I can't believe he's one either! He is just adorable. Happy Birthday Hudson!

Natalie said...

Happy birthday Hudson!! Sorry we didn't send a card or anything, I always forget to get those things out. Looks like a great party! You have such a cute family! :) Can't wait to see you guys soon!!

Bethany said...

Wow, he is already one? Time flies when you are so far away! He looks like a fun little guy. We miss you and hope everything is going great for your little family! Happy birthday Hudson!