Makenna has pretty much been in heaven this summer living on the lake. She loves the water, and I think would play in it all day every day if she could. Anytime any one else comes over to swim, she gets so excited, and begs and begs to join them. She has also really enjoyed the paddle boat, and the kayak. However, there is one thing about the lake that she is very adamantly opposed to; and that is tubing. She is usually a pretty brave little girl, and willing to do almost anything, but for some reason, she is terrified of going tubing. We tried a couple of times to get her to go, and she refused. I guess we'll have to try that one again next year.
One of her favorite things to do is jump off the dock, which she does over and over.

Occasionally she plays on the sand too.
We are all going to miss having a lake in our backyard to play in anytime we want, but I think Makenna especially is going to go through lake-withdrawal. Luckily, she has lots of friends her age in Bloomington that she is excited to see again.
Occasionally she plays on the sand too.
4 comments:
looks like you guys have had such a great time. the lake looks like lots of fun. hope i can retire living like that!!
I hear the internship ended well. Congratulations! Hopefully we'll be seeing more of you next year.
S cannot STOP talking about McKenna. She is dying to get home and play with her. We are excited to see you guys!
am I imagining things or is her hair going lighter? Is John still enjoying his internship? Is there a future for your family in Omaha? I guess you'll be heading back fairly soon. Ryan starts classes on Monday...does John start then as well? I hope things are going well for you guys!
Post a Comment