Thursday, July 22, 2010

Yum Yum!

My parents have a big, beautiful garden from which we have been eating all summer. One night my dad made us each a big salad with lettuce from the garden along with lots of other veggies on top. I poured some dressing on, and grabbed my fork to dig in, when something caught my eye. My salad was moving. This little (not really so little when it is on your plate) bug was crawling across my salad with dressing on its back!!


My dad took my plate to the sink and dumped the bug with the surrounding salad. I tried to enjoy the rest of my salad, but couldn't quite get this image out of my mind. Yuck!

2 comments:

Gabriella said...

That is such a funny story. I laughed and laughed when Dad told me. I guess it doesn't get much fresher than that!

Jenner said...

once i was eating a salad with some greens from the bloomington farmers market and a slug crawled off my plate! i was really disturbed too! looks like you guys are having a great time in nebraska!