On Wednesday morning after our 2 nights in downtown Chicago, we headed up to Six Flags for the day. We arrived when it opened, and after spending way too much money to get in (luckily Makenna and Hudson were free), we spent the next 6 1/2 hours going on ALL of the kiddy rides OVER and OVER and OVER again.
We thought the park was going to be over-run with middle-schoolers after watching bus after bus arrive, but once we made it to where the little kid rides were, it was pretty much empty.
To say that Makenna loved it would be a huge understatement. Since it was so empty, she would just ride the same ride 3 or 4 times in a row. I thought that she might get a little scared on a couple of the rides like the kiddy roller coaster, but she just laughed and laughed.
Mid-way through the day Makenna started to get wet in this little splash park area, and then wanted to take off her wet clothes so she could play in the water. I tried to convince her that it was okay for her to just get wet in her clothes since I brought an extra outfit, but she refused. We were barely able to get her to keep her underwear on. I normally wouldn't have let her run around in her undies at such a public park, but it was pretty empty, so...
I think this was Makenna's favorite ride. (A little kid version of the free-fall ride.) She went on this thing probably 2 dozen times.
Hudson enjoyed the park as well.
Hudson enjoyed the park as well.
It was a little strange to go to such a big amusement park, and not really go on any of the "normal" rides (I think John made it on two of them) but we were surprised at how much fun we had watching Makenna enjoy this new experience, and were glad that we made the effort to go.
8 comments:
Makenna's pretty brave to go on that free fall ride- all by herself! Isn't it funny how when you grow older your joy comes from seeing your kids have fun?!
ahhh that is so great. Glad it was a good time and i guess Makenna would do well on a nude beach!! Ha! it's so funny that nobody was there. That's great for you.
You don't look like you ever had a baby! Jealous!
Sounds like so much fun! We can't wait til you get here!
Sounds like so much fun! We can't wait til you get here!
Hey does this mean that you are in Omaha? We are gone for a week or so, but when we get back we'll have to have you over for dinner. YAY. I'm excited to see you guys.
wow-that place does look empty! What a perfect time to go. That is great that they had so many little kid rides! Chicago looks like fun too. I'm glad that you were able to make some fun stops on your move out to NE. I hope that John's internship is going well! Makenna looks so old---when did she grow up?
Post a Comment