Sunday, April 18, 2010

Daddy's a Big Boy!

We have started the process of introducing Makenna to Potty Training, by having her try to go potty every night as part of her bedtime routine. She has been doing really well, and after she goes potty, we always make a big deal about it and give her lots of praise such as,
"Good job Makenna!"
"You are such a big girl!"
"That makes Mommy and Daddy so happy when you go potty in the toilet!"
Well...yesterday while I was away, Makenna walked into the bathroom right when John was finishing (he forgot to lock the door) and said to him,
"Daddy potty big boy; makes Menna SO Happy!"
and then hugged his leg!
Oh how I love my funny little girl.

5 comments:

Gabriella said...

That's hilarious! Matt and I are laughing. It sounds like Makenna is getting the hang of it, hopefully potty training is as easy of a transition as the big girl bed was.

Gabriella said...

P.S. thanks for commenting on my blog, I think your my only true fan :)

Cece said...

Haha! Makenna puts such a perk in life. How we all love her!

Marin said...

haaaa haaaaaa!!! ohhh that is just sooo CUTE!!! She is really understanding what makes us BIG!! I can't wait for Carden to get it!

Stephanie said...

Isn't amazing how funny kids are. They think so logically and so abstractly at the same time.

We are glad that John is a big boy and are very proud of him.

Bless locks on doors.