This month, I have discovered a new love of Makenna's...JUMPING! A local gymnastics studio was offering free gym playtime this month, and so we have been going as often as possible, and Makenna absolutely loves it. She loves everything about it...jumping on the trampolines, walking on the balance beams, jumping into the big pit, and hanging on the bars. She usually leaves the gym with red cheeks from going non-stop.
Jumping on one of the many trampolines:

Trying to crawl out of the pit:

This picture was taken right after Makenna got jumped on while she was in the pit. She was crying, and didn't want me to console her, but quit crying once this little boy came to her rescue.

(You'll notice that the same boy is in all of these pictures because Makenna followed him around the whole time we were at the gym the day I brought my camera. He is in our ward and neighborhood, and she pretty much adores him; along with all of her other friends she has made here in Bloomington.)
Makenna's current favorite movie is The Testaments! (Surprised?...I was)
Makenna had a runny nose on Sunday, and since we weren't able to take her to nursery, John stayed home with her. When I came home, I found them sitting on the couch watching "The Jesus Movie" as Makenna now calls it. It was the first time that she had seen The Testaments, and she loved it! She loves the monkey, and talks about how Jesus makes the "ouchies all gone". She asked to watch it again later that night, and it is now the only movie that she wants to watch. John and I thought that it would be a good idea to only let her watch it on Sundays, but I can't talk her into watching any other movie right now, so she watched it yesterday, and again today. I would have never thought that it would be a movie that she would like at her age, but I guess you never can tell with 2 year olds.
Makenna is such a fun, happy, talkitive little girl, and I am trying to soak in as much one-on-one time with her as I can before the baby comes.
3 comments:
That is so sweet that she loves the Jesus movie! :)
Jumping...a great way to spend that energy! We've been doing some remodeling, so one of the mattresses ended up in the front room. I'm telling you, entertainment for hours! The kids get so creative jumping off couches, adding pillows, even having "movie night" on the mattress. It may become a permanent fixture (k, not really).
Glad to see how well-adjusted your family is to Indiana! I hope your hours aren't too long with John studying all the time. Can't wait for the news of John Jr's arrival!
Wow I can't believe how different Makenna looks. Her hair is so long and looks so much lighter. I bet you are ready to have that new little baby boy. I have to tell you that our poor McKenna doesn't get much blog time because this is the second time we have seen the developmental milestones so it isn't quite as exciting. Good luck with the labor and delivery.
Post a Comment