Last night we had our ward Halloween party, and Makenna was able to wear her ladybug costume that her Grandma CeCe sent for her. John decided that he wanted to dress up as a certain Twilight character (the glitter was all his idea). He got a lot of laughs and comments out of his costume. I stole my idea from a friend who turned her pregnant belly into a pumpkin last Halloween (thanks!).


Since it was raining, the trunk-or-treat was moved inside, and although it was her first time trick-or-treating, Makenna quickly caught on, and was so excited to get candy for her pumpkin.

Showing off her spoils at the end of the night:

Today was rain-free, so we were able to spend our evening outside.
We started the night off at a neighborhood BBQ. (Have I mentioned that I love where we live?)


Makenna with a neighborhood friend who was also dressed up as a ladybug.

After the BBQ, the real fun began. Makenna LOVED trick-or-treating with John. She wouldn't always say "trick-or-treat", but did always say thank you after getting candy.

After Makenna was done trick-or-treating, she played outside for awhile with her ladybug friend.

Again we ended the night with Makenna enjoying looking at all of the candy that she got, and eating way too much of it.

I am happy that I didn't miss out on the fun by being in the hospital, but now I am ready for this baby to come. Hopefully the next time I post it will be to share pictures of our newest family member...wish me luck!
10 comments:
Lovely little ladybug! So, I saw the first pic and thought, "So, why didn't Amber dress up? She's just holding a pumpkin." Then I read on. I love that your cute tummy really does look like a pumpkin!
haa haaaa I love that John was a Twilight character!!! Ohhh Amber you could have sooo been BELLA!!!! You should have. You could have acted like the baby was eating!!! haa haa!! Those are such cute pictures!! It was a fun Halloween for us also with Carden running up to each house to get a treat in his bag!!!
NO WAY...is that other little lady bug friend Sarah W.? Her mom and I are good friends from high school! Small world!! You'll have to give them hugs for me. On another note, cute costumes! I was laughing when I saw John's edward impression :) Love the glitter. I agree...halloween is the best with a little toddler! Mikayla went door to door, getting a treat, and then saying "bye bye, love you!" So sweet. Makenna looks adorable in her costume!
S was so excited to have Makenna be her ladybug pal! We should coordinate next year so they can match again, that was too cute. :)
Just saw Nicoles' comment! Small world! haha
Makenna's costume is adorable. And I also can't wait to see the next post about the baby. Hurry up and have him!!!
That is so cute!! I'm glad you guys got to enjoy Halloween together this year. Makenna is just darling. Good luck with baby #2!
Best of luck with the delivery. I hope it all goes smoothly! Makenna is such a cute ladybug and the picture of her sitting with all of her candy is classic. Your pumpkin belly turned out super cute! I am so excited to see pictures of your little one. His baby blanket and burp cloths are coming along...but there was a slight pause while I rushed to make some halloween costumes last week :) I'm telling Ryan that John put glitter on...folk dance was great training for these guys :)
Pumpkin belly! Classic! Can't wait to see picture of your little man. It's funny how young these kids catch on to getting free candy. How polite McKenna was to say thank you though.
LOVE the pumpkin belly and the cute lady bug!! John, you still crack me up!
Post a Comment