Sunday, May 17, 2009

SURPRISE!!

Here is an excerpt from John's journal, which he wrote tonight:

"Oh yes, we’re pregnant with #2. But our first “whoops.” I really didn’t plan on having #2 until my second year of school once I got core and my internship out of the way. So whoever this baby is, he/she has some very specific plans to come right away, right now, and right during my mid-terms in what will be the busiest semester of my life. I suppose life wouldn’t be all that thrilling without surprises like this. Honestly, Amber and I are very excited. It just took a second to get the eyebrows back under control when Amber first told me the news."

I was pretty surprised myself when I found out we were pregnant, but also super, super excited. The timing may not seem perfect, but I have always thought that two years apart seemed like good spacing for my first two children, and that is almost exactly what they will be. My due date for this baby is November 8, and Makenna will turn 2 on November 18th. I'm also excited becuase my sister Amanda and sister-in-law Tanya are both expecting, and due shortly before me. It will be fun to add so many new babies to the family at the same time.

So far this pregnancy has gone pretty well, although if you would've asked me during the first trimester, you would have gotten a different story. I was pretty nauseous almost all day every day (but never threw up, so it could've been a lot worse). The hardest part was figuring out what to eat. I didn't really have specific cravings, but just felt so sick that it would take me awhile to decide what actually sounded good. And left-overs were out of the question. Luckily that part is over, and it will hopefully be smooth sailing from here.


Here is a picture of John and me at our Labor and Delivery Class that we took while pregnant with Makenna. I would love to say that this was the night before I had Makenna, but in reality it was about a month before she came. I was pretty huge by the end, but in my defense, she was an 8 1/2 pound baby. I'm hoping this next baby won't be any bigger!

15 comments:

Cam and Josie said...

Yay! Congrats! That is so exciting! We think 2 years apart is pretty good timing too ; )

The Turner Family said...

You guys have such a cute little family. Congratulations on another addition!! You will enjoy having them close together! Our first 2 are like that with their birthdays.
Glad to hear somebody keeps a journal, John. haha Keep up the good work!

melbel said...

YAY! You are the greatest parents so no doubt you'll make it all work! Congratulations!

Angie O said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!

Stephanie said...

Oh my gosh I am so suprised. I had no idea. :) Really though I had McKenna at the worst possible time. After the first test of a five week streak of tests. I am so considerate aren't I. But really the harder it is the more blessings you get.

Lizi said...

What a surprise!! Congrats you guys...you make such cute babies, of course #2 had to come soon! You have an exciting year ahead of you, good luck!

Gabriella said...

Congratulations, I can't wait to hear what it will be!

The Howards said...

Congrats to you both! That is very exciting news! Can't wait to hear what you'll be having!

Doug and Megan said...

Congrats Amber! That is so exciting. When do you get to find out whether it's a boy or girl? Hope all goes well!

Cheryn said...

Yeah, good luck with that not being any bigger than 8.5 lbs thing! Hey, you never know! Congrats guys. Just think how easy life will be once you make it through the chaos of this next year ;) Miss ya.

Bec and Ryan said...

Wow-already done with the first trimester. Congratulations! Was the first rimester that rough with Makenna? I hope you are feeling much better these days and just think of all of the cute pregnancy clothes you get to wear in the coming months! I sure loved them :) They went on the "cute pregnant" side of my closet...thanks again for letting me borrow them. I'll let Ryan know to mark his calendar on us having #2 next November...you guys do set the standard you know ;) Let us know when you find out what you are having so I can buy a cute outfit here in PC

Eric and Jessi said...

Congrats Amber!

Ashley said...

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah! for the Palowski family!

Garrison Propaganda said...

how exciting. stressful since it was unplanned sure, but like you said it will be fun to have all those new babies in the family at the same time. how fun to have kids the same ages as your sister.

Michelle said...

Oh, so happy! Congrats! You look really cute in your last picture . . . It's fun to see you at that stage b/c that is about where I'm at. :) Our baby is due in about 2 and a half weeks. And it is perfect that they are so evenly spaced. You are such a cute Mom.