Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Here we go again!

Tomorrow we are headed to Washington D.C. for John's brother Michael's wedding. We are looking forward to seeing all of John's family, and meeting his bride-to-be Natalie. (John has already met her, but I haven't.) I think we are also going to have some time to visit the sights in D.C. It will be my 3rd trip of the month, and John's 5th! It has been one crazy month.

Our Indiana trip went really well, and Makenna did great with her Grandparents. I think I had a harder time than she did. I cried the night before we left while I was rocking and singing to Makenna, and then again in the morning when John and I were driving to the airport. Eventually I got it together, and was able to keep my emotions in check the rest of the weekend. I think that the trip was a success, as I find myself not dreading moving to Bloomington like I was. I wouldn't say that I'm excited about it, but not dreading it is a step in the right direction. The Indiana Business school has a really great and very active Partners Club. John has been telling me that Indiana is ranked #2 in the nation (behind BYU of course)for family-friendly schools. I do think that that Bloomington will be a good place for our family, and I am looking forward to living in a townhouse instead of an apartment. Baby steps.

4 comments:

Gabriella said...

Have fun on your trip, I hope the weather stays nice for you!

Stephanie said...

Yeah!! I really glad that you found something that you like. A townhouse would awesome, you guys deserve an upgrade after all you are in graduate school. We'll probaby stay in apartments until at least residency. Oh well. Apartment life isn't bad if you have good neighbors.

Bec and Ryan said...

I am glad that the trip went well. I def want a MBA school with a good spouse program. After all, you are doing business school right along with John :) It is a family effort in my opinion. I bet it feels good to at least know where you are going to be for the next couple of years. Have fun on your next adventure. What a month for the Pawlowskis!

Joe said...

I used to think maybe you should relax when leaving Makenna somewhere, but after spending the weekend around her I suddenly understand! She's so cyooooooooote