John and I were feeding Makenna some treats in the car the other day, and she just kept saying "more, more, more, more..." over and over again. John joked that she sounded like the seagulls from Finding Nemo who just say "Mine, Mine, Mine" over and over. I hated to, but I couldn't help but agree. Most of the time she uses the word singularly like she should, but if there is some sort of sweet treat involved, that's when the seagull in her comes out. She also uses the word "more" in some really sweet ways. My favorite is when I am feeding her a bottle before bed and singing to her. She will take the bottle out and say "more" after each song that I finish, wanting me to sing another song. It is really sweet!
Makenna's vocabulary has expanded the last few weeks, and now includes: ball, juice, ice, shoes, bubbles, duck, hi, bye, night-night, keys, and my favorite new word no, no, no, no, which she says way more than I would like. She has also learned the signs for: baby, milk, eat, drink, ball, and all done. Just in the last couple of days, she has started to repeat words that we use, but hasn't really incorporated them into her everyday vocab.
Makenna may hate me someday for doing this, but I just had to post some pictures of her from a recent bath. She wanted to wear her sunglasses in the tub, and put them on herself.

5 comments:
Yep, I'm glad to see she is still adorable! She's starting to some long hair too! Any decisions on where you guys are heading yet?
She is so cute! Isn't it fun to hear them say new words, it always surprises me. And what a smart little girl to know so many signs, that's great! I can't wait to see her in a couple of weeks so I can give her lots of loves and kisses!
She is so cute. How long are you guys going to feed her a bottle before bed? We just got back from her 15 month appointment and her Doctor said to quit the bottle cold turkey. It makes me sad to let go of that :(
What an advanced little lady, puts on her own sunglasses and everything. What a cutie.
She is such a doll! It is so fun to hear about her...I need to meet her one day:) Girls are the best! I can't wait to have fun with our little girl.
Post a Comment